The Evaluation of Cross-Border Cooperation in the EU
Secțiunea curentă: About us
16 iunie 2015
- promote excellence in teaching and research in EU studies
- equip students and young professionals with knowledge of European Union subjects relevant for their academic and professional lives and enhance their civic skills
- foster the dialogue between the academic world and policy-makers, in particular to enhance governance of EU policies
- promote innovation in teaching and research (e.g. cross-sectoral and/or multi-disciplinary studies, open education, networking with other institutions)
- mainstream and diversify EU-related subjects throughout the curricula proposed by higher education institutions to their students
- improve the quality of professional trainings on EU subjects (with modules that deal with EU subjects more in-depth or extend to new subjects)
- foster the engagement of young academics in teaching and research on European subjects
The teaching staff, through the professors selected, make good use of their experience in European studies and cross border cooperation to promote teaching excellency using interactice modern methods and highlighting research by organising national and international conferences. Results are also published regularly for greater accesibility and impact, creating added value for students and faculty.
The 3 courses proposed by the project: The evaluation of Cross border cooperation, Cross border cooperation, Methodology of the Evaluation and Communication in the evaluation of public programmes and policies, will pe organised by our teaching staff along with project members that will aid with implementation. The courses will offer valuable theoretical and practical application of European cross border cooperation evaluation. Research done by our staff and that conducted with colleagues from Hungary, Ukraine, Moldova, France, Belgium, etc. will provide innovative elements that improve teaching quality in support of the primary beneficiaries of these courses, the students. The theoretical knowledge gained will complement sustainable practical application that will benefit students on the job market and also improve their civic abilities.
The expertise gained in the field of cross border cooprtation, the research undergone throughout the project by our staff and the results that will pe published offer our academic institution the opportunity to develop a constructive dialogue with local, county and Euroregional decision makers. The research results help at idenfying opportunities and instruments applicable to our particular cross boder cooperation space that can lead to a higher degree of EU policy governance thanks to increased access to European Funds. The dialogue between institutions and cross border research can benefit sustainable economic growth in line with the Europe 2020 strategy.
The project objectives are designed to lead towards innovation in teaching and research. The proposed field, cross border cooperation evaluation at the EU borders, successfully combines two relevant dimensions of European studies: cross border cooperation and the evaluation method with its specific steps and instrument to create a new direction for study and research. This new direction will concentrate on studying elements specific to cross border space: infrastructure, education, economy, turism, industry, economy, etc. Being a place where different elements combine, the results from such an evaluation can greatly benefit communities that live either side of the border. Another direction for study is that of developing cooperation among institutions, generating cross border solutions for improving quality of life, sustainable development and to reduce discrepancy among regions. The themes proposed in these courses help to define a modern and inovatice curriculum for students of European studies and cross border space.
These new courses have a very strong background in the research done in the field of cross border cooperation at the University of Oradea through the Istitute for Euroregional Studies that brings its expertise in the study of: borders, cross border cooperation, Euroregional studies, European policies and instruments. The courses that we have proposed are aimed at fundamenting European ideas and forms, a comprehensive look on the subject and the introduction of a new dimension to the subject through the evaluation of cross border cooperation at the EU borders.
The project leader institution, the University of Oradea, promotes and encourages professors and young researchers to participate in teaching and research activities related to European studies. The project team has a strong background in this field as well as in teaching and research activities.
Specific Objectives for Jean Monnet Modules
- promotes research and first teaching experience for young researchers and scholars and practitioners in European Union issues
- fosters the publication and dissemination of the results of academic research
- creates interest in the EU and constitutes the basis for future poles of European knowledge, particularly in Partner Countries
- fosters the introduction of a European Union angle into mainly non EU related studies
- delivers tailor-made courses on specific EU issues relevant for graduates in their professional life